Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pig Head

Tara Firma Farms had a special on pig head for $5, for that price I could not pass it up. I just had to wait till the wife was away to prepare, she wanted nothing to do with it.


After some thought I decided to debone the head. Watched a couple youtube clips on the procedure and gave it a try. 1st hair removal. Farm did a decent job but there were still a few strays, out comes the torch.



The 1st cut


Saving the tongue for later


Coming 'round the top


This was the toughest spot, getting the snout to release


Complete! Not as hard as I thought it would be. Wanted to get the brain out but no cleaver to crack the skull.

Into the stock pot for some bone broth


Next post I'll talk about roasting prep and broth seasoning

1 comment:

  1. Oh man that's so funny that u have to wait till your wife is away to make this dish....I am laughing so hard myself at same time have to control my laugh because it's 12:38am and didn't want to wake up husband. Love pig head!

    ReplyDelete